Wed, Jun 14|
Jamaican Fusion Cooking Experience: Jerk Summer Rolls, Bammy Flatbread, and More!
We're bringing together the incredible tastes of Jamaica with seasonal, local ingredients for a delicious fusion of flavors. Join us for a chance to explore the history and culinary roots of Jamaica, while also learning how to integrate local foods into your cooking.
Time & Location
Jun 14, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
About the Event
Get ready for a cooking experience that celebrates the flavors of Jamaica and highlights local, seasonal ingredients. This class is all about honoring the incredible history and culinary roots of Jamaica, while also integrating local foods.
Jamaican cuisine is deeply connected to the land, and this class allows us to follow that philosophy while still enjoying the amazing gifts their cuisine has to offer. By using mainly seasonal and local ingredients, we're able to bring together the flavors of Jamaica and the philosophy of eating from the land.
Throughout the class, we'll explore traditional Jamaican flavors while incorporating local foods. We'll show you how to make Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit summer rolls, cassava bammy flatbread with curried summer squash and cherry chutney, and a citrus greens salad with toasted almonds and a creamy coconut "ranch" dressing.
We're going to be using the freshest seasonal ingredients to make some delicious Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit summer rolls. We're talking carrots, summer radishes, avocado, and cucumber all rolled up with a spicy peach dipping sauce. Perfect for those hot summer days!
Next, we'll move on to the main course and make cassava bammy flatbread with curried summer squash and cherry chutney. The cassava flatbread is a staple in Jamaican cuisine and is made from cassava flour. It is gluten-free and has a slightly sweet taste, making it a great accompaniment to the savory curried summer squash. The cherry chutney will add a fruity and tangy flavor to the dish, making it a unique and tasty entrée.
We can't forget about the seasonal summer salad! We'll be making a fresh and flavorful citrus greens salad with toasted almonds and a creamy coconut "ranch" dressing. It's the perfect way to end the meal and great for those long summer nights.
Join me for an opportunity to connect with the culinary roots of Jamaica and learn how to integrate local, seasonal ingredients into your cooking. See you there!
Learn how to make:
- Jerk Jackfruit Summer Rolls with a Spicy Peach Dipping Sauce
- Cassava Bammy Flatbread with Curried Summer Squash and Homemade Cherry Chutney
- Citrus Greens Salad with Toasted Almonds and Creamy Coconut "Ranch" Dressing
This class includes:
- Cooking together “side by side” where you'll learn tips and tricks around prepping your vegan dishes at home - including information on how to bring variation to the dish.
- A space to connect with community about compassionate filled foods - foods that feed the body, mind, and soul.
- Opportunities to ask questions along the way
- Downloadable digital recipe booklet to keep so you can continue making the meal at home.
- On-demand 7-day access to class recording available to you.
- Ticket type
+$0.75 service fee+$0.75 service feeSale ended